Welcome to The Horticultural Golfing Society

 

HORTICULTURAL GOLF SOCIETY ANNUAL EVENT

ROYAL DORNOCH, SCOTLAND

The Horticultural Golf Society, one of the oldest in the UK and celebrating its 90th Anniversary this year held its Annual Event recently at Royal Dornoch in the north east of Scotland. The venue chosen by this year’s Captain Roger Head was a real success. Fabulous golf courses, great comraderie and a thoroughly enjoyable week. The first day at Golspie was damp and cold but the weather improved for the remainder of the week and was largely played under bright skies with a brisk breeze (typical of Links golf courses). Brora was a delight as ever and Royal Dornoch remains a very special golf course to play on. A list of the winners can be found on the results page but it was our President David Clarke who won the major Trophy (Sandwich Cup) of the week at Royal Dornoch.

it would be rude not to mention The Royal Golf Hotel who hosted our visit. The staff did a fabulous job in looking after us all week and the Hotel is to be commended and recommended for anyone wishing to stay and play golf at Royal Dornoch.

A FULL LIST OF PRIZE WINNERS FROM THE WEEK CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW

Photos from the week will be supplied shortly courtesy of James O’Sullivan of Golf Par Excellence.

The next Event for the HGS is our Autumn Meeting at North Hants and West Surrey on the 9th & 10th October 2019. 

If any non-members are interested in attending and/or joining the Horticultural Golf Society, please visit their website at thehorticulturalgolfingsociety.co.uk for further information on the society and its activities and, if you like what you see, contact Merv Foulds, Secretary/Treasurer, at mervfoulds@hotmail.com or call on 07989699380

 

 

 

 

HGS Annual Event Dornoch

Photos including our Captain Roger Head (right) along with David Laundy and Glenys Elliss and also a photo of our Secretary Merv Foulds and Vice President Paul Tuckwell

Our next Meeting is the Autumn Event at North Hants & West Surrey on 9th- 10th October 2019. 

Contact Merv Foulds, Secretary/Treasurer, at mervfoulds@hotmail.com or call on 07989699380

 
Full Results for Royal Dornoch Annual Event
AnnEventDornochresults.xlsx
Microsoft Excel sheet [20.4 KB]

Our objective is simple:

1. To play the finest golf courses in the UK & Europe   

2.  Have fun with like minded people in our Society

 

The Horticultural Golfing Society was founded in 1929.

Since then so many events have changed our lives and our golf. There have been wars, changes in how we travel and there have been immense changes in how we contact and communicate with each other, both in business and socially. In golf, our equipment, clothing and buggies to ride on are all so different to 1929. 

Today the HGS still play golf on some of the finest golf courses in the world. We enjoy good company, good food and probably tell the same jokes. We are proud of our past but embrace change and look forward to the future.

If you share our passion for Horticulture & Golf why not contact us and enquire about membership?

 

 

The Society was formed in 1929, 75% of the membership coming from the horticultural sector and allied industries and the remaining 25% are friends of those horticultural members. New members must be proposed and seconded by members and must have an official club handicap of 28 or less.There is an annual subscription, currently £30.00 for the 2018 season.The society has a tie sporting the society logo of a red rose.During the year we organize eight fixtures from April through to early November.  One day meetings when we play either 18 or 36 holes. On two occasions during the year we play an afternoon 18holes, then after dinner/bed/breakfast, a morning 18 holes. The UK locations are specially selected to provide high quality and value for money, such as Woodhall Spa, The Berkshire and Walton Heath.  There are ten impressive trophies to be won through the course of the year.  Each year the society organizes a four day ‘away trip’ for members, partners and guests once a year. These venues are far from the usual locations and often abroad, examples are: La Baule-France, Portrush-Ireland and Waterloo-Belgium.        

 If you would like more information please contact our secretary.

Merv Foulds

Tel no Home  01628625353

            Mob    07989699380

   E-Mail: mervfoulds@hotmail.com